Monday, February 14, 2011

Question 8 (I think? I've forgotten already)

What color dominates your wardrobe? How do you feel when you wear that color? Why?

Once again, rather than answer the question, I'm going to answer something related-but-different.

Which color do I have absolutely none of in my wardrobe? Why?

Yellow.

No yellow. No yellow at all, hardly even as accents. Outside of a lost bumblebee or some fabric I get in a variety pack, good luck finding any yellow in our entire house, actually.

When I was in junior high, my mother took me shopping at the local factory outlets. Reading, PA is famous for them, which always seemed strange because they never seemed toh ave anything I really wanted to buy, but anywhere, there we were, in Rue 21 (now Forever 21, I think), and I found a shirt I wanted. A yellow shirt. I held it up for my mom to check out / approve, and she said I couldn't get it, and that I should never wear yellow, because yellow made me look sick.

While I'm sure this was meant to be thoughtful fashion advice (and might even BE good advice), I took it personally and practically banned yellow from my life, at least as far as clothes are concerned. I hate the color, all because of my mother's comment.

I am determined, however, to have a rubber ducky themed bathroom, so there will be some yellow in our house eventually.

1 comment:

  1. There isn't much yellow in our house either, clothing or otherwise. It's a strange color really.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog and entering the giveaway. GREAT idea about going to the ward and checking it out before buying a house in it - I'll do that, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete