Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Question 3

Question 3. What do you think is your biggest flaw? What have you done about it?

I'm painfully insecure. I know that. I question people's motives when it comes to "me" constantly - why do they want to talk to me? What do they want from me? Why would they want to be my friend? Right now, it's "They're not my friends, they're YOUR friends," when it comes to pretty much everyone my husband met at school.

A lot of this comes from my mother. Many parents (most?) would be happy if their kid got A-'s in school; not mine. "Why wasn't that an A?" she'd ask, every time report cards came out. I probably could have gotten straight A's - I didn't put in much effort to get the grades I did get, so what did it matter? They're still A's on the paper, just with hyphens for...decoration? I don't know. It didn't make sense, why that was the only thing she cared about.

Other comments that didn't help were things like "I love you, I just don't like you very much right now." I'm pretty sure that's on the list of things-not-to-say-to-your-child.

No comments:

Post a Comment